- Fall and winter admission
- Limited enrolment
- Daytime classes
- Credits: 90, including 75 for research and dissertation
- Usually completed over 4 academic years
Doctorate in Statistics
The doctoral program in Statistics (PhD) is designed to train researchers in mathematical or applied statistics for careers in a variety of settings:
It gives students a thorough grounding in the latest methodology used in different statistical fields.
Questions about this program?
Pierre Duchesne (Program supervisor): Tel.: 514 343-7267
Anne Marie Dupuis (TGDE): Tel.: 514 343-6111, ext. 1695
- All about this program
- Comprehensive examination
- Other important information
- Financial support
- Find a thesis supervisor
The + of studying statistics at the Université de Montréal!
- An exciting research setting with more than one hundred experienced researchers.
- An especially rich scientific milieu thanks to the presence in the same building of the Centre de recherches mathématiques, an international hub that organizes theme years, offers a lecture series and hosts a wide variety of visitors and postdoctoral fellows.
- Financial support may be available from the Department, the Université de Montréal or various federal and provincial organizations (NSERC, FQRNT, etc.).
- Access to the largest number of statisticians in a single university department in Quebec.
- Access to a variety of specialized software, including SAS, S-PLUS, SPSS, Stata, R, Mathematica, MATLAB, Maple, and more.