- Fall and winter admission
- Limited enrolment
- Daytime classes
- Full-time and part-time
- Credits: 30, including 14 optional course credits
Specialized Graduate Diploma (DESS) in Mathematical and Computational Finance
This specialized graduate diploma is perfect for anyone interested in learning about financial theory and mathematical, statistical and computer methods applied to finance. Graduates can work for:
- Financial institutions
- Pension funds
- Corporate financial departments
- Government business enterprises and departments needing quantitative financial analysts
Questions about this program?
Fabian Bastin (Program supervisor): Tel.: 514 343-6952
Nadia Lefebvre-Beauséjour (TGDE): Tel.: 514 343-6111, ext. 6686
The + of studying Mathematical and Computational Finance at the Université de Montréal!
- The program draws on the Department’s strengths in stochastic and numerical methods applied to financial markets.
- It gives you a thorough grounding in financial instruments and risk management tools suited to new market realities.
- A 30-credit graduate diploma that quickly opens doors to top positions as a quantitative financial analyst.
- Stochastic methods (probability, statistics and econometrics, stochastic calculus).
- Numerical methods (simulation, scientific computation)
- Applications to financial markets (financial market modeling, valuation of financial assets, derivatives).
- UdeM is among the top 100 universities in the world in operations research (QS), economics (US News and Shanghai Rankings), mathematics (QS), computer science (NTU), as well as accounting and finance (QS).