- Fall and winter admission
- Limited enrolment
- Daytime classes
- Includes 15 course credits, 75 credits for research and dissertation
- Usually completed over 4 academic years
Doctorate in Mathematics
The Department offers a doctoral program in Mathematics (PhD). A wide variety of advanced courses are offered in pure and applied mathematics. The large number of scientific activities in Montréal and the quality of courses makes our programs among the best in North America.
Questions about this program?
Sabin Lessard (Program supervisor): Tel.: 514 343-6818
Anne-Marie Dupuis (TGDE): Tel.: 514 343-6111, ext. 1695
- All about this program
- Comprehensive examination
- Other important information
- Financial support
- Find a thesis supervisor
The + of studying mathematics at the Université de Montréal!
- Our faculty includes 3 Canada Research Chairs in the fields of number theory, differential geometry and topology, and geometry and spectral theory, as well as prominent figures in other, more applied fields such as mathematical physics, optimization and fluid mechanics.
- An especially rich scientific milieu thanks to the presence in the same building of the Centre de recherches mathématiques, an international hub that organizes theme years, offers a lecture series and hosts a wide variety of visitors and postdoctoral fellows.
- The Séminaire de mathématiques supérieures, an annual summer school, and mathematics seminars given by graduate students, for students.
- Financial support may be available from the Department, the Université de Montréal or various federal and provincial organizations (NSERC, FQRNT, etc.).
- An exciting research setting with more than one hundred experienced researchers.
- Access to a variety of specialized software, including Mathematica, MATLAB, Maple, Sage, GNU Octave, Maxima, and more.